Statement of Intent

 Statement of Intent:

I am making a music video and website for my artist HALE and the song chosen for the video is, Father Stretch My Hands, Pt.1. The video will be suited for ages 16+, as it features profanity and sexual themes in the lyrics of the track. Therefore, any broadcaster or video host that plays my video will be responsible for making sure audiences younger than intended do not see my video.

When making my video I will keep in mind my primary target audience of 16–25-year-old males who are fans of modern hip-hop and rap. This means it is going to be high energy and easily accessible. For my music video I intend to use close-up shots to show off my fictional singer, rapper and songwriter HALE. I also would like to do wider shots including of HALE to create variation in the music video and to be able to have interesting edits, in order to show off the grand scale factor of the song, since it is a very anthemic and uplifting song. I will include more urban shots such as music studio settings and photos at urban areas such as a skatepark. I would like to use these photos to be quickly displayed to create variation in the editing style. I will use simple but exciting shots, combined with complex editing and fast transitions in order to create an energetic, anthemic music video that matches the mood and theme of the track. This music video is mostly made to promote the artist themselves, as it features a mostly performance aspect during the video with the main focus being on HALE.

For my website I intend to make an informative site that explains the history and accolades HALE has achieved. It will also include links to music videos of his, an audio interview and other pages such as tour tickets. There will be photos of HALE’s albums in order to show off his previous work. I will be using the same font across my whole website and music video, the Helvetica font. This font has a very basic, bold typography that was inspired by other artists in the genre of rap such as Kanye. The website will feature the music video for the track embedded as a YouTube video to create digital convergence between the two pieces of media. Both the website and video will feature the same font to create as much of a house style as I can to create a strong and tight brand identity for this point in HALE’s career. The website will open with a large photo of HALE across the screen in order to establish who he is to the audience and as you scroll down there will be a large looping video to infatuate the audience, so they are more likely to read the text on the website. My website will have a navigation bar at the top that can link you to other pages such as the discography page

Comments

Popular Posts